Re: [stella] Star Fire - Return of the Starfield ?!? (was: Strange Z26 (real thing?) behaviour discovered...)

Subject: Re: [stella] Star Fire - Return of the Starfield ?!? (was: Strange Z26 (real thing?) behaviour discovered...)
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:45:18 +0200
Manuel wrote:
> That won't work. +8 does the trick, nothing else.
>
> Consider this:
>
> Horizontal scrolling works with +-1 and vertical
> scrolling with +-8 pixels.
>
> If you shift only a single line with anything else than
> +8, the vertical scrolling is out of sync immediately.

Hm, I do not understand:
1. Why is vertical scrolling limited to 8 pixels? (your demo
scrolls with single pixels in both directions)
2. Why can't you correct the x-position for the first star
*outside* the kernel and then HMOVE with every value
you like?

> Total randomness won't work, since you've to *repeat*
> what you're doing every frame, but I'll experiment with
> that.

You know that there is no "Total randomness" in a computer. ;-)

> Depends on how many cycles remain in the end.
> Non-mirrored sprites first, then fancy colors :-)

Sure!

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

All inclusive! 100 MB Speicher, SMS 50% gunstiger, 32 MB Attachment-Grosse,
Preisvorteile und mehr unter http://club.web.de/?mc=021104