RE: [stella] Marble Craze v0.90

Subject: RE: [stella] Marble Craze v0.90
From: "Albert Yarusso - AtariAge" <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 15:35:00 -0500
I just spent a few minutes playing on a Cuttle Cart with real paddles, and
have some comments:

- I agree with others that when your marble is moving it should do more than
remain a static, white sprite.
- While I think the animation on the right in single player mode is cool, it
is very distracting.
- When you fall off the edge, it would be nice if you could actually shrink
the marble to give it the effect that it fell off the edge.
- Can you add some kind of audible feedback as your time is about to run
out?
- I personally would put the START option on the bottom, instead of in
between the number of players and level.

Overall I think this is going to be a great game, especially when you are
playing against another person.  However, it is going to take some practice
to control well with two paddles.  I feel that people trying to play this at
CGE are going to be a bit aggravated, because you need to invest a little
time to associate one hand with up/down movement and the other with
left/right.  It also didn't help that it's a bit cumbersome trying to hold
two paddles in your lap while playing.

Would it be possible to add TrakBall support?

 ..Al
Albert Yarusso - albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx - http://www.AtariAge.com
Atari News, Forums, Rarity Guides, Media, and much more!